Pottermore let everyone know yesterday that the Beta period is extended for a good while longer. This means of course that the site won’t be opening for all at end of this month (read Halloween) after all ~_~ http://insider.pottermore.com/2011/10/making-pottermore-even-better.html To be fair this comes as no big surprise at all… They only opened the survey last week, where we betas could finally vent our frustrations about the numerous bugs and have our say how the site could be improved. So naturally if they are smart ,they’ll take notice of some of the suggestions we made before they let everyone in.
They do mention that they’re working on new exciting improvements…well let’s start by making Wizard’s Duelling available again shall we? *sighs* Other than that I hope for:
* Music – Website soundtrack and sound effects during games
* Forum / Chat – Being able to reply to comments in common room directly! Send owls with messages to friends.
* Potions – Shorten brewing time by 40% . Actually make copper cauldron brew faster than pewter. A second potion book would be great too.
* Interactivity – More interactive scenes during the moments , use the objects we collected to do stuff with them.
* House Points – More ways to earn points than just spells and potions: more mini-games to play!
On a final note, I’m really happy to have played the magical quill challenge as I fear they won’t open the site for all til early 2012…